Ornament Sensations & Cookie Swaps
I think I’ve come up with the perfect gift for my co-workers that fits with my budget. I’ve been racking my brain trying to figure out how to do it and have narrowed down what I want to three ideas.
I work at a newspaper, so I thought it would be cute to make my cohorts newspaper ornaments.
The best part? I think this will be happening at our first Cookie Swap! I’m so excited!
Here’s some of my favorite cookie recipes:
Easy Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box cake mix (any flavor desired)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 egg
Mix all ingredients.
Form into balls.
Roll in confectioners’ sugar.
Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes.
Cool in pan a few minutes before removing.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.