A few weeks ago, I got a call at work asking if I was interested in talking with someone who makes button bouquets …
My first thought was, ‘What is a button bouquet?’ and my first words were, “Heck, yes I want to talk with her.’ ”
Lydia said her daughter wanted to do her wedding different. She wants to have bouquets of buttons rather than flowers … and I love it!
What You Need:
fine gauge wire
vase or small container
1. Cut a piece of wire for your stem length.
2. Then, thread the wire through the holes of the first button, leaving enough wire to twist around the “stem” to secure.
3. Continue making flowers until you have enough to fill your vase or container.
4. Then, arrange; and enjoy.
* To create more elaborate flower designs, try wiring multiple buttons together.
* Button bouquets make a great stand in for traditional wedding bouquets – and they last a lot longer too!
* Button bouquets also make fun (and cheap) party favors or decorations.
Here’s the bride’s bouquet Lydia made … can you say gorgeous? Along with buttons, she incorporated brooches from her mother and from herself.